- Dr. Phil, who has recently addressed the dangers of anti-gay bullying and gay teen sucide on his show, recently advised a woman on his website to stop buying her son girls’ toys to stop any “confusion at this stage of the game.” A mother wrote to Dr. Phil, concerned that her 5-year-old son (who has two older sisters) likes to play with Barbies and dress up in girls’ clothes. Dr. Phil assures her that it’s not unusual for boys to behave this way when they are young. His advice continues with, “‘This is not a precursor to your son being gay,’ explains Dr. Phil. He’ll know that in time, but this is not an indication of his sexual orientation. Dr. Phil tells Robby that she has a job to do: ‘Direct your son in an unconfusing way. Don’t buy him Barbie dolls or girl’s clothes. You don’t want to do things that seem to support the confusion at this stage of the game … Take the girl things away, and buy him boy toys.’ Most importantly, he tells Robby, ‘Support him in what he’s doing, but not in the girl things.’”
- A fundamentalist Christian preacher, who was discharged from the military in 2007 for wearing his uniform to protests at the White House, is charging followers $18-$159 to fax members of Congress demanding the reinstatement of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell. Chaplain Gordon James Klingenschmitt’s website claims that the Obama administration is “forcing open homosexual aggression on our troops against their will by repealing ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’” and for a donation will fax various groups of Representatives and Senators, up to all members of Congress, in your name.
- A new website for bisexuals, pansexuals, couples, transexuals and “people with sexual orientations that are viewed as outside the mainstream” officially launched today. Bisexual Passions was created as a 100% free dating and social networking site. A press release for the site says that it is not a “hook-up site” but a place “focused on building a growing, thriving community of members who just happen to appreciate the person first (and the gender second).” Users can browse over 25 categories for dating, friendship or romance.
- Kathy Griffin is heading to Broadway in March with a new show entitled Kathy Griffin Wants a Tony. The show is described as, “Double Emmy Award Winner Kathy Griffin is taking her stand-up comedy to Broadway in a show titled Kathy Griffin Wants a Tony and Broadway may never be the same again! Every night there will be fresh material due to the revolving door of pop culture, political and celebrity missteps. If you are in the market for an evening of laughter, swearing and negativity you’ve found the right show!”
- In case you missed him when he was in town, Adam Lambert is releasing a new CD/DVD combo from his Glam Nation Live tour on March 22. The set is a compilation of 12 tracks and footage from his live show in Indianapolis.
Search This Site
- 5:00 pm T&T Thursdays @ Outskirts @ Outskirts
- 5:30 pm LGBTA Support Group @ 107 Hanna Hall (Women's Center)
- 6:00 pm I THE MIGHTY, CONVICTIONS, + MORE TBA @ FRANKIE’S 6/20 @ The Verso Group
- 8:00 pm UT Spectrum Meeting @ Student Union, Room 3108, University of Toledo Campus
- 9:00 pm Dollar Night @ Bretz @ Bretz Bar
- 11:00 pm A.S.S. or S.A.S. Drag Show @ Ripcord
View Calendar ✔ Subscribe Add to Google